Macaroni ham soup is a recipe you can throw together in very little time.
Macaroni ham soup is one I make often because my family loves pasta of any kind and it is easy and delicious. This soup keeps well for several days in the refrigerator and you could cut the recipe in half or double if needed. You can substitute different meats and vegetables in this soup to make it your own, add more or less of the spices. Black pepper is one of my favorite things and I always have to add extra to my food. Most of the time I leave out the salt! I eat soup all year round and never tire of it. I love soup for lunch anytime with a grilled cheese sandwich. That is my favorite middle of the day meal. It is practically just thrown together and is wonderful with our recipe for cornbread muffins.
Macaroni ham soup is great for a weeknight meal or lunch anytime.
2 cups chopped, cooked ham
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 large carrot, cut in pieces
1/2 cup chopped onion or green onions
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 cup water
1/2 cup uncooked macaroni
1/3 cup frozen corn
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Turn to simmer and cook with lid on pot for 25 to 30 minutes until macaroni is cooked. Stir a couple times while cooking. Makes about six servings. Enjoy!
Macaroni Ham Soup
- 2 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 large carrot cut in pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion or green onions
- 1 (14.5 ounccan diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounccan chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked macaroni
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup pot and bring to a boil. Turn to simmer and cook with lid on pot for 25 to 30 minutes until macaroni is cooked. Stir a couple times while cooking.
Don’t forget to pin macaroni ham soup. Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.