This Macaroni Coleslaw Salad is one you will make over and over. My family absolutely loved this combination and it’s super easy to make and a wonderful addition to any summer gathering. It’s very versatile as you could add whatever vegetables your family enjoys.
Macaroni Coleslaw Salad Ingredients Needed:
Elbow Pasta (uncooked)
Bag of Coleslaw
Red Bell Pepper
White Granulated Sugar
Apple Cider Vinegar
Sometimes people ask why I like to use English cucumbers in my summer salads but we just love the taste and you don’t really need to peel them, which is very nice. Some ways you could change this salad up:
- Add cubed cheddar cheese
- Add green bell pepper too
- Add water chestnuts
- Add green olives
- Could use the bag salad of carrots, broccoli and cabbage to mix things up.
If your family prefers miracle whip then use that, it will still be delicious. You definitely want to chill this salad first it’s so good cold. This salad makes a lot, which is why it is good for a gathering. Great to take to a potluck. We loved it with a pork tenderloin. It was a wonderful meal.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Macaroni Coleslaw Salad
- 8 ounces of elbow pasta uncooked
- 1 16 ounce bag of coleslaw
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 English cucumber chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1/4 th cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Prepare pasta according to the package directions, drain and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl combine coleslaw mix and chopped vegetables.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all dressing ingredients. Once pasta is cool, combine coleslaw mix and pasta and top with dressing.
- Mix well and chill before serving. This makes a large salad, perfect for a family gathering.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.