LIMA BEAN SKILLET MEAL
Lima bean skillet meal is a recipe you will love because you can use frozen or fresh vegetables in this dish. It is wonderful for using garden vegetables in summer and you can use frozen vegetables in winter. You could double the recipe or cut it in half to meet you needs. You can freeze it or keep it in the refrigerator for several days to be reheated. Serve it over rice or pasta or just serve it alone. Lima bean skillet meal goes great with my recipe for Southern cornbread muffins or our recipe for fried hoecakes. You could add just about any other garden vegetable you like to this recipe like zucchini, too.
This Lima bean skillet meal will quickly become a favorite recipe.
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green sweet or red peppers
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup chicken broth or beef broth or water
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes (could use 2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes)
1/2 cup frozen or fresh chopped okra
1 (10 ounce) package frozen lima beans
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Brown ground beef, onion, peppers and minced garlic in a skillet on top of the stove. Drain. Add broth, diced tomatoes, okra, Lima beans, pepper, salt, corn, Worcestershire sauce and cumin. Bring to a low boil, cover and simmer on low for 35 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings. Enjoy!
Lima Bean Skillet
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet or red peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth or beef broth or water
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes (could use 2 cups fresh chopped tomatoes)
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh chopped okra
- 1 10 ounce package frozen lima beans
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Brown ground beef, onion, peppers and minced garlic in a skillet on top of the stove. Drain.
- Add broth, diced tomatoes, okra, Lima beans, pepper, salt, corn, Worcestershire sauce and cumin.
- Bring to a low boil, cover and simmer on low for 35 minutes.
Don’t forget to pin Lima bean skillet meal.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder. Follow us on Instagram.