This Hearty Chicken Pot Pie is a delicious! It’s the perfect comfort food on a cold day but it’s also great for any time of the year. This great chicken pot pie is loaded with vegetables and has a tender, flaky crust. This dish is a meal by itself and your family will love it. Comfort food at its best!
Chicken Pot Pie Ingredients Needed:
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Can of Mixed vegetables or veg-all
Can cream of chicken soup
This recipe, like so many, is super versatile. If you are not a celery fan, simply leave it out. So many people always ask that question. You can also add other vegetables, as someone commented they would add mushrooms. This recipe is also great with turkey and a wonderful way to use leftover turkey after Thanksgiving. This also freezes well.
If you don’t have bisquick you can always make your own baking mix. Here is an easy way to do just that: Homemade Baking Mix.
Full recipe in printable recipe card below.
“Made this tonight and it was a hit with my family. DELICIOUS!!! Thank you!!!” – Stacey
” I make this Chicken Pot Pie and pour into separate individual dishes. Add topping and then bake all. Freeze 4 or 5 and we eat 2 There’s only 2 of us. Then I have a couple of meals for when I’m in a hurry.
Freezes well.” – Pat
“This is one of my favorite winter recipes. It’s so easy to make and such wonderful comfort food!” – Katie
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 or 4 medium sized carrots chopped
- 3 or 4 medium potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 15 ounce can mixed vegetables or veg-all, drained
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 cup original bisquick
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Melt butter in skillet on top of stove and add onions, celery, chicken pieces, pepper, garlic, and salt. Saute until onions and celery is tender and chicken is cooked.
- While chicken is cooking place carrots and potatoes in 2 quart casserole dish and cook in microwave for 8 to 10 minutes on high until tender. Remove casserole from microwave and add cooked chicken, onions, and celery to carrots and potatoes.Pour in mixed vegetables. In a bowl combine the chicken soup and chicken broth and thyme and whisk together. Pour over casserole and mix with a spoon. Add Topping.
- In a separate bowl mix the Bisquick, evaporated milk, and egg. Whisk well. Pour over vegetables and spread evenly over the top. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 – 40 minutes until golden brown on top. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
Don’t forget to pin chicken pot pie.Click here to follow us on Instagram. © The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.