This Fresh Pear Cake is one of our favorite Fall cakes. It’s moist, delicious, and easy to make!
If you love this one you have to try our Apple Spice Sheet Cake with Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting. It’s really a wonderful cake to enjoy during the Fall season!
Table of contents
❤️WHY WE LOVE PEARS IN THIS CAKE
We don’t cook with pears very often but they work really well in this cake. Pears are naturally sweet so they add a wonderful flavor and keep this cake very moist. This cake is also made with lots of delicious spices so it’s perfect for Fall when the pears come into season.
Another great plus to this cake is no mixer is needed! You simply mix it all with a spoon and we love a simple recipe. It’s also made from scratch and it tastes like it is!
As far as the topping you can use whatever you like. Cream Cheese Frosting would be delicious on this cake and caramel sauce would be too. You can also just add a powdered sugar glaze too. We love it with any of these!
🍽️HOW TO MAKE
This cake is easy to make since you don’t need a mixer! Just organize your ingredients and peel, core and grate your pears. Grating them really makes them consistent throughout the cake.
Whisk together flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves in a large mixing bowl until well mixed.
Add melted butter, sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla extract and pears stirring with a spoon to mix well. Fold in nuts.
Pour into a well sprayed 10 inch bundt pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 60 to 70 minutes checking to make sure cake is done on the inside.
Cool for 20 to 25 minutes and remove from pan. Let cool.
After you grate your pears if there is a lot of moisture you can try to remove some with a paper towel. Just so they don’t make the cake soggy.
❓FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have made this cake with whatever is available at the store. I just make sure they are a little soft and not hard.
You can but the fat content will be changed in the recipe. We prefer it with buttermilk.
We just store this on a covered cake stand. We don’t put it in the fridge.
💕MORE POPULAR RECIPES TO ENJOY
This cake makes around 8-10 servings depending on how big you cut the slices.
This Vintage Cakes Digital Ebook is full of our most popular old fashioned cake recipes. Now in one ebook you can have all these recipes right at your fingertips! Any of these cakes are perfect for any gathering, from the holiday dessert table to any potluck!
- These cakes go back many generations are tried and true delicious!
- Anyone can make these classics, from a beginner baker to someone who bakes all the time.
- Great reviews on these cakes!
Fresh Pear Cake
- 4 medium sized fresh pears peeled, cored and grated or about 2 cups
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 12 tablespoons butter or 3/4 cup melted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts walnuts or pecans, Optional
- Whisk together flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves in a large mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Add melted butter, sour cream, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla extract and pears stirring with a spoon to mix well. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into a well sprayed 10 inch bundt pan. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven 60 to 70 minutes checking to make sure cake is done on the inside.
- Cool for 20 to 25 minutes and remove from pan. Let cool. Sprikle with powdered sugar.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.