This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe is one you might want to double! If you like chocolate like I like chocolate, you will love this bread. A great way to use up that extra zucchini in the garden. This bread freezes well, goes great with a tall glass of milk or with coffee and would even make a wonderful dessert with some ice cream on top.
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Ingredients needed:
100% natural unsweetened cocoa
White granulated sugar
Swirl Ingredients needed:
Nuts (pecans or walnuts)
Glaze for Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Ingredients Needed:
This zucchini bread also makes a wonderful gift and is the perfect addition to any summer brunch. If you have a lot of zucchini, be sure and check out these delicious zucchini recipes.
This Garden Vegetable Pie made with zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes will quickly become one of your favorite summer recipes! Definitely save this one.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately!
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups shredded zucchini unpeeled and drained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 100% natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
Swirl for Batter Ingredients
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk more or less
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Shred 2 cups zucchini and set aside. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa and set aside. Cream butter, eggs and sugar with mixer. Add vanilla extract and shredded zucchini and continue mixing. Add flour mixture, sour cream and buttermilk. Mix well. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan and pour in the batter.
- Whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon and spread over top of bread batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over brown sugar and cut into batter with a knife just until ingredients are wet.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 65 to 70 minutes until the center tests done. Let cool about 10 minutes and remove from pan.
- Whisk together and drizzle over cooled bread.
Don’t Forget to Pin!
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.