Cajun beef roast could be served over rice, pasta or even mashed potatoes.
We love roast beef and this recipe is so good served over rice. This recipe keeps well refrigerated for several days and can be reheated. This is a versatile recipe in that you could make it your own by adding different spices or vegetables. You might also like our recipe for crock pot cranberry pork.
Cajun beef roast is an easy crock pot recipe your family will love.1 (3 or 4 lb.) chuck roast 1 green pepper, chopped 1 cup celery, chopped 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes 1 (4 ounce) can green chilis 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca 1 large onion, peeled, sliced and in rings 1 cup okra, chopped (Optional) 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (can use more or less) 1/4 teaspoon onion powder 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon thyme 1/4 teaspoon chili powder 1/2 teaspoon basil 1 bay leaf 1 cup water Cut roast to fit into crock pot and place in bottom of the pot. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix with a spoon. Pour over the roast. Cook on high for about 5 hours or low 7 until meat is tender. Serve over rice. Makes a 3 quart crock pot 3/4 full. Enjoy! Note: The tapioca acts as a thickening agent in the recipe. You can leave it out if you want a more soupy gravy and also leave out the water for a thicker gravy.
TIPS ON TAPIOCA: Tapioca is a gluten-free starch extracted from the cassava root and can be used as a thickening agent in both sweet and savory dishes such as puddings, soups, stews and gravies. It has no nutritional value and a neutral flavor. It can be used as a replacement for cornstarch.
Crock Pot Cajun Beef Roast
- 1 3 or 4 lb. chuck roast
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 4 ounce can green chilis
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 large onion peeled, sliced and in rings
- 1 cup okra chopped (Optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne can use more or less
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- Cut roast to fit into crock pot and place in bottom of the pot. In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients and mix with a spoon. Pour over the roast
- Cook on high for about 5 hours or low 7 until meat is tender. Serve over rice. Makes a 3 quart crock pot 3/4 full.
Click here to follow us on Instagram.© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder. You can “share” by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter icons below. Print by clicking on the green printer icon below.