This creamy pineapple rice pudding is super easy to make and is a wonderful side dish for any occasion. The warm sauce you make with this is the perfect addition to this dish. If you love traditional rice pudding you will love this rice pudding too. Rice pudding has been around a really long time and is one of our favorites. Growing up my mother served rice pudding a lot and I still love it to this day!
Creamy Pineapple Rice Pudding Simple Ingredients
Long grain rice
Milk (I used 2%)
Walnut pieces or nuts of your choice
I think the sauce makes this rice pudding! It really is easy to make and we love to just keep it on the table for people to add to their individual serving. You can easily use rum extract or just leave out the rum all together. The sauce will still be good regardless. Many people ask “can I leave out the raisins“.. of course.
If you like rice pudding you will also like this super easy recipe for stove top rice pudding.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Pineapple Rice Pudding
- 1 cup long grain rice cooked (I think you could use minute rice in this recipe, too.)
- 1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk I used 2%
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnut pieces or nuts of your choice
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons rum could use bourbon, too. Can add more if you want. If you are a non-drinker you can use rum flavoring or just leave this out and add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract instead of one.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl while rice is cooking mix all the other ingredients together. Once rice is cooked mix it into your other ingredients. Spray a casserole dish and fill with rice mixture. (Can add another 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg on top if you like nutmeg.)
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven 55 -60 minutes. Serve warm with rum sauce over top. Makes about 10 to 12 servings. Keeps well for several days in refrigerator. Reheat in microwave
- Combine ingredients and bring to boil on top of stove. Boil one minute. Can be reheated in microwave. Makes about 1 1/2 cups. Recipe can be doubled. Serve over rice pudding.
Tip: To make rice whiter and fluffier add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the water before adding the rice.Don’t Forget to Pin Creamy Pineapple Rice Pudding! Follow us on Instagram.Follow us on Pinterest© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.