This Apple Cream Cheese Cobbler is easy to make and tastes like a cheesecake in a cobbler. What could be better than cheesecake and cobbler? Just add a big scoop of ice cream or some whipped cream for a dessert your family and friends will love.
Ingredients for Apple Cream Cheese Cobbler
White granulated sugar
Buttermilk (can use regular milk)
Can of apple pie filling
Recipe Notes: You could easily make this recipe with a different pie filling. You can also add nuts or coconut to this cobbler. It’s a very versatile recipe. This cobbler is best served warm and with a big scoop of ice cream.
If you like this dessert, you may want to try our apple spice dump cake. It’s delicious!
For an easy breakfast, you can always try our apple pie drop biscuits. They are so easy to prepare and wonderful with coffee in the morning. My family loves them!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great NEW recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking, and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
“Front Porch Life is a rockin chair and a good book. It’s your momma’s biscuits and your dad’s pipe. Front Porch Life is like coming home.”
Apple Cream Cheese Cobbler
- 1/2 cup butter or 1 stick or 8 tablespoons melted
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk can use regular milk
- 1 egg
- 1 21 ounce can apple pie filling
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- Melt butter in a 9 x 13 baking dish. (I just put mine in the oven for a few minutes). In a bowl combine sugar, flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and whisk together.
- Add the extract, buttermilk and egg to the flour mixture and stir to mix. Pour this over the melted butter in your baking dish but don’t mix it together.
- Drop by spoonful the apple pie filling into the flour and butter. Cut the cream cheese up in small pieces and drop into the cobbler.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes. If top is not brown enough by then put under broiler for a few minutes. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Be sure and pin this delicious Apple Cream Cheese Cobbler:
Are you on Instagram? Follow us!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without the written permission of the copyright holder.