CROCK POT MUSHROOM AND ONION CHOPS WITH GRAVY

this post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more information.

TSLCCrockpotPorkchopswithMushroomGravy3
This Crock Pot recipe is quick and easy. My family loved this meal and I am sure yours will too. Perfect for a busy family and who doesn’t love pork chops!

4 or more thick cut pork chops
2/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 large onion, cut in rings
2 (4 ounce) cans chopped mushrooms, drained
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 package onion soup mix
1/3 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup water

TSLCDownHomeDishesAd

Whisk together flour, black pepper, salt and garlic powder. Dredge chops in flour and brown along with onion rings in hot cooking oil on top of the stove. Remove chops and onions and place in crock pot along with drained mushrooms. Make a roux in the pan you used to brown the chops with the drippings and leftover flour from dredging. Add chicken broth, onion soup mix, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and water. Stir often and bring to boil to thicken. Pour over chops in crock pot and cook 6 to 7 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high. Serve gravy over mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

This is delicious served with mashed potatoes. My family loves it.

Note: You could do this on top of stove and just add pork chops back to your skillet once you make the gravy and cover and simmer until done. We like the crock pot because the chops get so tender and the flavors marry while cooking in the slow cooker.

Enjoy!

Don’t Forget to Pin! Crock Pot Mushroom and Onion Chops

e-mail signup TSLC

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter buttons at the bottom of each post. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below.

1. Karen Iacenda says:

Am definitely going to make this. Many years ago, when my kids were young, I used to make round steak in rich gravy, which simply required onion soup mix, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a little water. Your recipe really knocks the ball out of the ball park and can only imagine the wonderful aroma coming from the crockpot.

2. Robert Brothers says:

This is a winner, I modified it some due to lack of some ingredients, after braising the chops and onions, I thick sliced some russet potatoes and laid them under the chops, I exchanged the chicken broth with a can of Golden mushroom soup ( regular mushroom soup is fine also depending on the flavor you desire), and water as needed. The next day for the leftovers I added some Curry powder to it just to have a little different taste. Both were excellent.

3. Dee Justus says:

I cannot find the icon printer any where. Where is it?

There is a print button under every recipe. However if you are using the browser firefox and have everything blocked for security reasons you may not be able to see it. I see it fine using IE and Google Chrome.

4. linda roberts says:

The crock pot is my friend….lol Can’t wait to try this! Thank you for helping to keep dinner awesome!

5. As a recent widow, I have lost all interest in cooking. Your recipes might get me back in the kitchen!

Thank you Barbara! I consider that a wonderful compliment. I hope you enjoy the recipes and have a good Christmas.

6. All those good dishes. I’m gitting fatter just looking at them.

7. mm this sounds rather tasty and something new to try. Thanks for sharing this recipe.

Simon

8. As always, I love your recipes! My Mom and Grandma cooked like you, and I thought these recipes were lost forever. Thank you so much for sharing all these wonderful recipes with your fans. God Bless you.

9. Does look very good. Will make it in the Slow cooker. AS it is winter on this side of the World, now live in Australia, it is perfect winter food.. Enjoy all from you site. Though not a Southern lass, I enjoy my American food heritage I am from New York State.. Thank you..