TUNA MACARONI SALAD
Tuna macaroni salad is delicious anytime.
Tuna macaroni salad is the perfect dish anytime or for any occasion. Take it to any gathering or function and it will be a hit. You can double the recipe is you want to make more. It keeps for several days refrigerated and is better after being refrigerated overnight or for several hours. Try this salad for your family and friends for a great way to use canned tuna.
Tuna macaroni salad is great for lunch and we like it summer and winter.
2 (5 ounce) can tuna in water, drained
1 cup uncooked macaroni, cooked according to package directions
1 cup chopped onion (can use green onions)
1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, drained
3 eggs, hard boiled
1 cup frozen peas, thawed (could use canned peas)
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish, (optional)
1 teaspoon celery seeds or 1/2 cup chopped celery
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon smoky paprika
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Add drained tuna and remaining ingredients. Mix well with spoon. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight for best taste. Makes about 6 cups. Enjoy
Note: You can add a tablespoon mustard to this salad.
Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 2 5 ounce can tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup chopped onion can use green onions
- 1 4 ounce jar pimentos, drained
- 3 eggs hard boiled
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed (could use canned peas)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish (optional)
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds or 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoky paprika
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain. Add drained tuna and remaining ingredients. Mix well with spoon. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight for best taste. Makes about 6 cups.
Don’t forget to pin.
Follow us on Instagram.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our digital magazine!
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.