Apple Butterscotch Crescent Rolls

These apple butterscotch crescent rolls are so easy to make and so good with coffee for breakfast in the morning.  I love experimenting with crescent rolls. There are so many good treats you can make with them.

1 (8 ounce) Original Crescent dinner rolls

1 large apple, peeled and shredded or grated

butterscotch chips

nuts of your choice

3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

1/4 cup sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Remove rolls from package and pat out on biscuit board or counter top.  Add about 1 tablespoon grated apple, a couple butterscotch chips, 2 or 3 raisins, and some chopped nuts of your choice.  Roll up as you would for crescent rolls and kind of smash ends together.  Dip in melted butter.  Have your sugar and cinnamon mixed in a shallow plate. After dipping in melted butter, roll in cinnamon mixture.  Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in preheated 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes until brown.  You can serve with or without the powdered sugar topping below.  Makes 8 buttery apple butterscotch rolls. (I could eat all 8 by myself with coffee but limit myself to two) lol.

Powdered Sugar Topping

1/2 cup powdered sugar

3 or 4 tablespoons milk

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix well with wire whisk.  Drizzle over crescent rolls.

If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Sweet Potato Muffins.

Click to follow The Southern Lady Cooks on Facebook.

Click to follow my daughters, The Southern Twins on Facebook.

e-mail reminder TSLC

1. Looks yummy. Ok to share to save on my Facebook page?? I, too, am a Southern lady, and would love to serve to my Yankee husband!!

2. Helen from Seattle says:

I can’t wait to make these with my little granddaughter. Thank you for fun & delicious recipes!

3. Felicia Hepburn says:

I am so in love with your site!! I grew up in the south in the younger years where kids weren’t allowed in the kitchen but the aroma…. Oh to have my grandma one more day!! Thanks for sharing your recipes!!

Can I switch this one to caramel, you think? My kids aren’t DONT take too kindly to butterscotch! (Forgive them, they didn’t grow up in the south!)

4. These look so good. Will definatly make these christmas morning to eat while watching family open their presents!

5. I am making these tomorrow morning! Thanks for sharing.

6. Carol Pancheri says:

Could you make these the night before wrapped well in the refrigerator?

7. Julie Appleby says:

I made my own cresant rolls, of course they are not a crispy as the ones you buy but this is a great recipe…cant stop eating them.

8. [email protected] says:

I just put a pat of butter inside and then rolled in cinnamon/sugar mixture after closing. These are fantastic!

9. oh yum!!

10. Look sinfully delicious!

11. I can’t wait to show this to my daughter & granddaughter’s. Thank you for sharing this with us.

12. Oh Yeah !! These look amazing !!!

13. thebetterbaker11 says:

Yes please! I love anything! made with crescent rolls. Wish I was there with you…you could have two, and I’d eat the rest. =) Thanks for sharing this brilliant idea. Pinning!

14. I think I will make this my new diet food!