This is my favorite way to prepare brussels sprouts.  My family loves the nutty cheese flavor of this casserole. A great side dish anytime.

1 (16 ounce) bag frozen brussels sprouts (could use fresh, too), cooked according to package directions
1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of celery soup
1/4 cup milk (I use 2%)
1 teaspoon minced onion
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs (could use more)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or cheese of your choice
3 or 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
Cook brussels sprouts according to package directions, drain.  Spray 1 quart casserole dish and add brussels sprouts.  In a bowl combine soup, milk, minced onion, garlic powder and pepper.  Pour over the brussels sprouts. Sprinkle ritz crumbs, cheese and almonds on top.  Bake uncovered in preheated 400 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.  Makes about six servings. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you might also like my recipe for Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Walnuts.
Don’t Forget to Pin!  ritzy-brussels-sprouts© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.

Attention Fans

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest buttons below. You can print by clicking on the printer icon below. It is the green square below with a printer inside the square right beside the twitter, Pinterest and Facebook icons.

1. favgreen(Rhonda W G.) says:

I made this tonight and it’s a keeper. I used fresh brussel sprouts that I cut in half but didn’t pre-cook. Turned out well and I will be making again.

2. I am going to try this sounds so good going to send recipe to my sister in VA thanks for the recipe

3. This is sure to be a winner.

4. This sounds wonderful! I will have this for our early Thanksgiving dinner on Nov. 24th! We always have so much food but have never had brussel sprouts before so this will be a welcome addition for our group of 19 people-all family and friends that have celebrated together for many years.

5. Can cauliflower be used instead of brussel sprouts?

6. I made this with cabbage, only used crumbled bacon on top, instead of almonds. everyone liked it. will make again. and use brussel sprouts.

7. I’m the only one in my family that likes brussel sprouts but will definitely make this! Sounds yummy!!

8. We love this recipe! The last time I made these….I was out of cream of celery soup so I used cream of onion and it was really good. Easy..doesn’t heat the house….and delicious!

9. I’m going to try this. I’ve made something like this before using broccoli.

10. I love this idea…but, my husband doesn’t like the taste of celery! I’m wondering if there is a good substitute for the celery soup? Maybe cream of mushroom??

11. Martha Blakley says:

Brussels sprouts are one can’t eat but this sounds good! I will try! Thanks!

12. Love this recipe,although I haven’t tried the brussel sprouts yet I made it with cabbage,(lil brussel sprouts)and it was delicious!!!!

13. I made this for Thanksgiving dinner at sister Laura’s house. It was a hit, and everyone thought it was delicious! I guess we have a new recipe for our cookbooks! Thanks for sharing!

14. Beth Hickman says:

These were a hit at the family Thanksgiving table. Doubled the recipe but mixed a little of the cheese in the sprouts and soup, then sprinkled the rest ontop with the cheese. 2 quarts fed 9 people and they were gone. 🙂

15. Sissy Manley says:

made these tonight and as I expected most of my family loved them, I knew my son would be a challenge and sure enough I couldn’t get him to even try them, his loss! They were very good for a change and I enjoyed the nutty crunch of the almonds and the crispy crushed ritz crackers on top. I decided to mix the cheese in with the soup mixture instead of having it on top and it worked well. Will be keeping this recipe in the rotation!

16. Sissy Manley says:

I love brussel sprouts but so far am the only one in my family who does! I’m gonna make this tonight and see if I can’t change a few minds!

17. Teresa williams says:

I love brussel sprouts ! But get so tired of fixing them the same old way all the time . This recipe sounds delicous , can’t wait to try it .

18. thebetterbaker11 says:

Those ARE ritzy! I just bought some frozen brussel sprouts and will be trying this recipe soon. Thanks a million for sharing. Your photos make my mouth water!

19. This seems to me one one to get some of my family to eat what is really good for them,as for me?,I’m diving into this one,it looks yummy! Thank you..