Peach Coffee Cake is wonderful. Your family and guests will love it. It keeps well for several days in the refrigerator. You can eat it cold or warm it in the microwave. I love anything with peaches and pecans. You could serve this for dessert, too.
Peach Coffee Cake Ingredients Needed:
2 (15 ounce) cans sliced peaches
White granulated sugar
Swirl Ingredients for Peach Coffee Cake
Pecans or walnuts
Glaze Ingredients for Cake
You could use frozen peaches or fresh peaches instead of canned and just increase the milk in place of the peach juice in the recipe. Either way you make it this cake is a great way to start the day. I believe it would be just as delicious topped with ice cream. I love it warm out of the oven, and the glaze is just enough to take this coffee cake to the next level.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Peach Coffee Cake
- 2 15 ounce cans sliced peaches in syrup, drained (keep 1/4 cup of peach juice)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons or 1 stick or 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup peach juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup nut pieces pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl cream butter, sugar and eggs with mixer. Add to dry ingredients along with sour cream, buttermilk, peach juice and vanilla extract. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking oil and spread cake in bottom of dish. Add swirl.
- Swirl Instructions
- Whisk together and spread over cake mixture as in photo Then, take a knife and cut into mixture as in photo. Spread the peach slices on top and sprinkle with nuts. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes until center tests done. Add glaze.
- Glaze Instructions
- Whisk together and drizzle over cooled cake.
Follow us on Instagram
Don’t forget about our Ebooks! Each Ebook is a collection of our most popular recipes. You will have them all at your fingertips and can pull them up at any time. Nice and convenient instead of having to search a database. You can purchase each Ebook individually or buy the bundle.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.