This tater tot casserole is a good idea any night of the week.
This Ham and Tater Tot Casserole is great for any meal and easy to make. We like it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I love finding ways to use up leftover ham and this is a good one. This recipe could be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Can be reheated in the oven or microwave. All kids love any tater tot casserole! You might also enjoy our recipe for corn casserole.
Tater Tot Casserole
4 cups cooked chopped ham
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, (optional)
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (can use whatever you like)
1/2 cup chopped green onions or regular onions
Tater tots (about 1/2 of a 32 ounce bag or enough to cover top of dish)
Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread the ham in the bottom of the dish. Whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Pour over the ham. Sprinkle on the cheese and green onions. Layer the tater tots on top. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 35 minutes or until tater tots are brown. Can sprinkle extra cheese on top the last five minutes of cooking if you so desire. Makes about six servings. I know your family will enjoy this tater tot casserole!
Tips on garlic powder: Garlic powder will get hard and the granules will cake or stick together if exposed to moisture. Always store in a cool, dark place away from stove heat and moisture. It should keep 3 to 4 years if stored properly.
Ham and Tater Tot Casserole
- 4 cups cooked chopped ham
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese can use whatever you like
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions or regular onions
- tater tots about 1/2 of a 32 ounce bag or enough to cover top of dish
- Spray a 9 x 9 baking dish with cooking spray. Spread the ham in the bottom of the dish.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, garlic powder, black pepper and salt. Pour over the ham. Sprinkle on the cheese and green onions. Layer the tater tots on top.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 35 minutes or until tater tots are brown.
Don’t forget to pin!
Follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!