We love this recipe for Cajun Corn and Okra.
Cajun corn and okra is a great side dish to serve anytime. We love this with pork chops, steaks and just about any meat. You can make this dish as hot as you like or use less spices and make it mild. It keeps well in the fridge for several days and can be reheated. Make this easy side dish along with a meat and bread for a meal. You could add shrimp, chicken or even hamburger to this for a skillet meal your family will love. You might like my recipe for skillet bacon and cheddar cornbread with this dish.
Cajun corn and okra ingredients needed:
Green onion or regular onion
Garlic, chopped or minced
Okra (can use frozen or fresh and no need to thaw if frozen)
Corn (can use frozen or fresh and no need to thaw if frozen)
Fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
Cajun seasoning (you can use my recipe for Cajun seasoning if you want to make your own)
Cayenne or few drops of hot sauce (optional)
This dish is also a wonderful way to enjoy summer corn and you could always use fresh tomatoes too. Great with all your garden vegetables. Super versatile! You may also love this Cajun Tenderloin, it’s easy to make too.
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Cajun Corn and Okra
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion or regular onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove of garlic chopped or minced
- 1 cup okra can use frozen or fresh and no need to thaw if frozen
- 2 cups corn can use frozen or fresh and no need to thaw if frozen
- 1 14.5 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne or few drops of hot sauce optional
- Cook bacon until crispy in a skillet on top of the stove. Remove, drain and set aside
- Keep 2 to 3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings in the pan. Saute’ the onion, green pepper, celery and garlic in the bacon drippings.
- Add the okra, corn, diced tomatoes, water, Cajun seasoning and salt. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes until flavors are blended. Crumble bacon on top before serving.
Don’t Forget to Pin Cajun Corn and Okra!
Click here to follow us on Instagram.
© The Southern Lady Cooks photos and text – All rights reserved. No copying, posting on other sites, or other uses allowed without written permission of the copyright holder.