This Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cake with Nutmeg Frosting is a great cake to serve to family and friends or just anytime you want a great dessert. Sometimes you just need a quick cake and this is the perfect one. It starts with a cake mix, but when you add so many great additions like chocolate and butterscotch chips it takes a cake mix to a whole never level.
Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cake Ingredients Needed:
Super Moist Butter Pecan Cake Mix
Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
Nuts, chopped (I used walnuts or pecans)
Nutmeg Frosting Ingredients Needed:
Creamy vanilla can frosting or cream cheese frosting
For this cake you can really use whatever frosting you like and we have used both the vanilla frosting and cream cheese. You can always make homemade cream cheese frosting if you would like. This cake is super easy but absolutely delicious. I have taken this cake to many events and people always ask for the recipe. Perfect for tailgating too!
If you love easy cakes, you will also love this Apple Spice Cake with Caramel Frosting. Easy and really good!
Are you reading our digital magazine, Front Porch Life? It’s full of great new recipes, country living, fantastic people, southern charm, cooking tips and so much more. We send it directly to your email so you can start reading, cooking and relaxing immediately! This is our premium content not found on our website. Join 1000’s of others today and start enjoying our magazine!
Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cake with Nutmeg Frosting
- 1 Super Moist Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- 1 package (3.4 ouncevanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick butter or margarine melted
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup nuts chopped (I used walnuts)
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 can rich and creamy vanilla frosting or cream cheese frosting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, margarine, and water. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread batter in a sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle butterscotch chips over batter. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Put frosting out into a glass dish or pitcher. Add vanilla flavoring and nutmeg. Microwave on high about 30 seconds. Remove and mix well with wire whisk. Pour over cake. Add more nuts on top if desired.