APPLE SPICE SHEET CAKE WITH BROWN SUGAR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

tslcapplespicecake3

This apple spice cake is delicious and serves a lot of people. Take it to any type of gathering and you won’t bring any home. It is perfect for fall but we love it anytime of the year. Great with coffee for breakfast and good with a tall glass of milk for a snack.

tslcchristmasbannerad2

4 cups chopped apples, (I use red delicious but you could use about any kind for this recipe. Peel, core and chop pieces a little smaller than a dime.)
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped

tslcapplesheetcake

tslcapplesheetcake1

tslcapplespicecake2

Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl. Set aside. Cream butter, sugar and eggs with a mixer. Combine with flour, add buttermilk and vanilla and mix. Fold in chopped apples and nuts with a spoon. Spray or line a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan (this is a regular baking sheet with a lip all the way round it). I usually just line mine with aluminum foil.Spread cake mixture in pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool and frost with recipe below. Makes 1 sheet cake.

tslcapplespicecake4

BROWN SUGAR CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:

8 ounces cream cheese, softened
8 tablespoons butter or 1 stick or 1/2 cup, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Mix all ingredients together with mixer. Spread over cooled cake.

Be sure and PIN for later: the-southern-lady-cooks-apple-spice-sheet-cake-brown-sugar-cream-cheese-frosting

attention-new-subscribers

Feel free to “share” with your friends by clicking on the Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest buttons below. You can PRINT by clicking on the printer icon below. It is the green square below with a printer inside the square right beside the twitter, Pinterest and Facebook icons.

1. Are all of the posted recipes in the cookbooks?

No, they are not. If we put all the recipes in the cookbooks it would be enormous. We have tried to pick the best ones for the books, Joe.

2. carol inabnitt says:

do you use salted or unsalted butter ?

3. Cathy Monahan says:

No problem printing (Chrome) just now. Click printer icon and then click remove image box. Tks for recipe.

Thank you Cathy! So glad it worked for you, I checked our stats and over 400 people were able to print yesterday, so no clue what the issue could be. I also use Chrome. Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy the recipe 🙂

4. Rosemary Carter says:

I agree with Pat, above. There is NO print icon on the page. I have responded with this comment before, but there is still no way to print without printing everything on the screen.

What browser are you using? Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc? Also are you on a Mac or Windows computer? My tech team and I have tried numerous times to recreate the issue of NO PRINT ICON many times and cant make it happen. Its hard for us to understand how something that is on my website, something we built into it, wouldnt be on someones computer, when you are on my site. So please let me know what systems you are using, so I can see if that is the issue. Thanks!

5. This sounds sooooooo good. Is there a downside to using 9×13 pan. I usually prefer that ratio of cake to icing. Thanks as always for your great recipes.

I am sure you could use a 9 x 13 pan with no problem Amy. Happy you enjoy the recipes and happy to have you on the site.

6. It would be nice if you had a printable page without the ads