Stuffed Pepper Pasta Bake
This easy pasta bake makes a fantastic weeknight dinner. If you like stuffed green peppers, you'll really enjoy thi dish.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 cups of diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup of diced white onion
- 1 lb of ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 16 oz of Rotini pasta
- 1 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Cook pasta according to directions on the box and drain. Cook peppers and onions in a skillet over medium heat until softened. Add ground beef to the skillet and cook through. Drain grease off of meat mixture.
Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings and simmer for 5 minutes. Mix pasta, meat mixture, and one cup of cheese together and place in a sprayed 9X13 casserole dish. Sprinkle the remainder of cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.