Sausage Cheese Biscuits
These easy sausage cheese biscuits will quickly become a family favorite!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter or margarine cut into small pieces or grated (8 tablespoons)
- 1 pound pork sausage cooked, drained and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese of your choice I used sharp cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk can use regular milk
Cook sausage, drain and let cool. Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with a whisk in a large bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cooled sausage and cheese.
Add milk until dough makes a ball without being sticky. Knead and roll out on floured surface. Cut about 1/2 inch thick with biscuit cutter or drop onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake in preheated 425 degree oven 12 to 15 minutes until done. Makes about 16 biscuits depending on the size you make them. Enjoy!