Fresh Apple Coffee Cake
Easy and delicious apple coffee cake
Servings: 9 servings
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 medium sized apples peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 1/2 stick margarine or butter or 4 tablespoons
Combine egg, milk, oil, grated apples and vanilla extract; mix well with a spoon. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon; stirring all ingredients just until flour is moistened.
Spread batter in a 9 x 9 inch sprayed baking pan. Combine brown sugar, raisins, nuts, and the other 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and sprinkle over flour mixture.
Cut butter into slices and place on top. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 35 to 45 minutes until center tests done.