Blackberry Buttermilk Pie
Delicious custard pie your family will love.
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons or 1 stick softened
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pints of fresh blackberries
- One deep dish pie crust
Place blackberries in pie shell and set in fridge while you make the pie filling. Beat eggs, sugar, butter and almond extract with mixer until well blended.
Add buttermilk, flour and allspice continue mixing about 1 minute.
Pour over blackberries into pie shell. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50-60 minutes, until done.
Let sit for few hours to set.