Delicious blackberry dessert!
Servings: 8 servings
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine softened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups fresh blackberries You could use canned, too
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine or 1 stick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream butter, sugar and eggs with mixer. Add rest of the ingredients except blackberries and mix well. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread flour mixture in the bottom of the dish.
Spread blackberries on top of the flour mixture.
Mix together topping ingredients in a bowl except for butter. Sprinkle topping over blackberries. Cut the butter into pieces or pats and spread over the topping. (See photo).
Cook in preheated 375 degree oven for 40 - 45 minutes until brown on top.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.