Mozzarella Cheese Muffins
These mozzarella muffins are a great addition to any meal. Plus, they are simple to prepare!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or could use oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder or could use dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup melted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the melted butter and buttermilk and mix with a spoon. Add eggs and continue mixing. Fold in shredded mozzarella cheese.
Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until centers test done. Makes 12 muffins.