Sausage and Pinto Beans
This hearty dish is always a hit!
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 15 ounce cans of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb of mild breakfast sausage
- 2 8 oz cans of garlic, basil and oregano tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 cup of hickory brown sugar bbq sauce
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic
Cook sausage, drain and add to a slow cooker. Using a couple of tablespoons of the grease from the sausage, saute minced garlic and onions until translucent.
Add the onions and garlic as well as the remainder of the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on high for 45 minutes to an hour (you can easily cook this on top of the stove, too).
You just want to get the mixture hot. This is perfect served as a side dish or even a main meal. This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.