Black-Eyed Pea Casserole
This hearty dish is one your family will love!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 lb of pork breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup of onions chopped
- 1/2 cup of green peppers chopped
- 1 can of Rotels diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 cans of black-eye peas
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese shredded
Preheat oven to 350. Brown sausage, onions and peppers until sausage is no longer pink. Add can of Rotels, Cajun seasoning and oregano and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Next add the 2 cans of black-eyed peas, cooked rice and cream of chicken soup to meat mixture. Put entire mixture in 2 quart casserole dish. Top with one cup of cheddar cheese. Cook in preheated oven for 25 minutes.