Smokey BBQ Sloppy Joes
This easy recipe is full of flavor. The perfect dish for a weeknight dinner.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb of lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup of sweet peppers diced
- 1/2 cup of onion diced
- 1/2 cup of bbq sauce I used hickory
- 1 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke I use mesquite flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- chopped bacon optional
For cooking on top of the stove: Brown ground beef, onions and peppers. Drain. Add remaining ingredients and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
Optional: Spoon over hamburger buns and top with a slice of cheddar cheese. Place on baking sheet (without top bun) and broil for 1-2 min to melt cheese.