Macaroni and Cheese Casserole
Great twist on a classic!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 16 ounce box of elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup of butter or 1 stick
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of shredded Colby/monteray jack cheese
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 cups of crushed Cheez-It crackers
Cook pasta according to directions on the box (I cook mine 8 minutes) and then drain. Melt the butter in a skillet, whisk in flour and cook approximately 1 minute. Increase heat to medium and add milk to flour mixture. Cook approximately 5 minutes, until thick and starts to bubble.
Stir in cheese until melted. Add pasta and all seasonings and spoon in to a 9X13 or 3 quart casserole dish. Add crushed crackers (and more shredded cheese if you like) to the top and bake on 375 for 20-25 minutes. I like to stir it all up once it's done so that the crackers are throughout the casserole. Serves 8.