Corn Fritter Biscuits
Corn fritter biscuits are fabulous for breakfast with butter and honey or as a side do any dinner.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Course: bread, Breakfast, Side Dish
Keyword: Corn Fritter Biscuits
Servings: 6 servings
Author: The Southern Lady Cooks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 tablespoons cold butter grated
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn no need to thaw frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese can use your favorite cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
Whisk together flour, baking powder, mustard, salt and pepper. Grate cold butter on a box grater into the flour mixture and cut into the mixture until resembles coarse crumbs. Fold in corn, cheese, egg and buttermilk until mixture sticks together.
Turn out onto a floured surface and pat to 1/2 inches thick. Cut with biscuit cutter and place biscuits on baking sheet. Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until tops are browned. Makes approximately 12 biscuits.