Oven Baked Barbecued Chicken
This easy recipe is delicious!
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 pieces chicken of your choice I used bone-in with skin on legs and thighs
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning check out our recipe to make your own
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Season chicken pieces with the salt and pepper. Whisk together the Ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, minced garlic and Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Brush the sauce on all the chicken pieces.
Bake in a sprayed 10 inch iron skillet or a regular baking dish in a preheated 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes testing meat with a thermometer to make sure it is cooked before removing from the oven. Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit for oven baked chicken.