Hamburger and Rice Casserole
This casserole is perfect for a week night dinner.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound hamburger
- 1/2 cup chopped regular or green onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 10.5 ounce can cream of celery soup undiluted
- 1 14.5 ounce can beef broth
- 1 1/4 cups minute rice, uncooked
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Brown hamburger, green pepper, celery and onion in a skillet on top of the stove, drain if needed. Stir in cream of celery soup, beef broth, rice, onion soup mix and black pepper.
Pour into a casserole dish and sprinkle on shredded cheese. Cook in a preheated 350 degree oven, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes.