Cranberry Apple Pecan Wild Rice Pilaf
This easy side dish is perfect for any holiday gathering.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup of wild rice using chicken broth to make
- 4 tablespoons of butter divided
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 apple chopped ( I used a Fuji apple)
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of chopped pecan
- fresh parsley to garnish
You will prepare the wild rice according to the directions on the package with a few changes. If it calls for water, use chicken broth in place of water. You will add 2 tablespoons of butter, along with black pepper, oregano and thyme to the chicken broth then add wild rice and cook according to package directions. Mine cooked for around 50 minutes
Remove from stove and drain extra water if needed. Leave rice in drainer. In pan, saute apples in 2 tablespoons of butter util soft. Once done, add rice, cranberries, pecans back to pan and mix together well. Garnish with parsley and serve.