Sausage Bean Soup
This delicious soup is so easy to make and is absolutely delicious.
Servings: 10 cups
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped baby spinach (optional)
- 2 potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
Brown sausage, onion, green pepper and celery in a skillet. Drain. Combine browned ingredients with all other ingredients in a large pot on top of the stove and simmer for about one hour or until potatoes are done. Makes approximately 10 cups of soup.
This could be done in the crock pot, too. Just add your cooked sausage mixture to crock pot along with other ingredients and cook on high for about 4 hours or low for 6.