Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
This slow cooker recipe for creamed corn is a family favorite. It's absolutely delicious!
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels if frozen, no need to thaw
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper optional, mostly for color
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled (save one slice to sprinkle on top)
- 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon bacon drippings (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Put corn in bottom of slow cooker, sprinkle on red pepper, 3 slices of cooked, crumbled bacon, white granulated sugar, salt and black pepper. Cut cream cheese in pieces along with butter and add to the pot. Sprinkle on bacon drippings. Whisk together the milk and cornstarch until smooth and add to slow cooker.
Cook 6 hours on low or 2 to 3 hours on high, stirring a couple times during the cooking. Before serving add crumbled bacon on top.