Cheesy Italian Hamburger Casserole
This easy casserole will quickly become a family favorite. The combination of spices and pasta makes this a great dish.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef or you could use Italian sausage
- 2 cups uncooked rotini pasta cooked
- 1 cup chopped green onion or regular onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (14.5 ounccan diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 (8 ounccan tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounccan sliced mushrooms drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or could use fresh
- 1 (8 ouncpackage cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside. Brown ground beef, onions and green pepper in skillet on top of the stove and drain if needed. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, sliced mushrooms, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and basil to skillet and heat for about 10 minutes.
Spread pasta in the bottom of a large casserole dish. Cover with hamburger mixture. Combine softened cream cheese and sour cream by mixing together with a spoon and then spread over top of hamburger in casserole. Sprinkle on cheese. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.