Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe is one you might want to double! If you like chocolate like I like chocolate, you will love this bread.
Servings: 1 Loaf
- 2 cups shredded zucchini unpeeled and drained
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 100% natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
Swirl for Batter Ingredients
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup chopped nuts pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk more or less
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Shred 2 cups zucchini and set aside. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa and set aside. Cream butter, eggs and sugar with mixer. Add vanilla extract and shredded zucchini and continue mixing. Add flour mixture, sour cream and buttermilk. Mix well. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan and pour in the batter.
Whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon and spread over top of bread batter. Sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts over brown sugar and cut into batter with a knife just until ingredients are wet.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 65 to 70 minutes until the center tests done. Let cool about 10 minutes and remove from pan.