Butter Pecan Chocolate Chip Cake with Nutmeg Frosting
This easy cake is made with a cake mix. You won't spend hours in the kitchen for this one, but your guests will think you made it from scratch!
Servings: 1 cake
- 1 Super Moist Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- 1 package (3.4 ouncevanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick butter or margarine melted
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup nuts chopped (I used walnuts)
- 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 can rich and creamy vanilla frosting or cream cheese frosting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
In a large bowl mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, margarine, and water. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. Spread batter in a sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle butterscotch chips over batter. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.