Apple, Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
This fresh fruit cobbler is always a hit. Perfect to enjoy with family and friends for any occasion! Top with ice cream for a real treat.
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 to 3 large apples peeled and cut into chunks (I have used all kinds of apples in this recipe)
- 3 to 4 fresh large peaches peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice Optional
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 stick butter or margarine or 2 tablespoons
Crust for Cobbler:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine or 4 tablespoons
- About 1/2 cup milk more or less
Spray a 2 to 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the apples to keep them from turning brown. (You can skip this if you want). Mix together the sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon with a wire whisk and mix with the fruit. Pour into baking dish and cut butter into small pieces on top of the fruit. Place crust recipe below over on top.
Mix together the flour, sugar and salt. Cut the butter into the flour mixture until like coarse crumbs. Add enough milk to make a dough. Put dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to about 1/2 inch thick. Place on top of the fruit mixture. (Can brush crust with melted butter and sprinkle with a little sugar.
Bake in preheated 400 degree oven 40 to 45 minutes until crust is brown. Makes about 8 to 10 servings. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream on top.