Pineapple muffins are delicious with your breakfast coffee. Slather them with butter and eat hot from the oven for a morning treat your family will love. The almonds on top and the blueberries just make these wonderful muffins.
Servings: 12 large muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons or 1 stick butter softened
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained (save juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice saved from 8 ounce can crushed pineapple. If you don’t have 1/2 cup in the can, add enough water to make 1/2 cup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries can use frozen, no need to thaw
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds could use pecans or walnut
Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cream butter, sugar and eggs with mixer. Add milk, vanilla extract and pineapple juice and using mixer combine with flour mixture. Fold in pineapple and blueberries. Mix with spoon.
Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray. Fill cups almost to top and sprinkle on chopped almonds. Bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until centers test done.