Smoked Paprika Chicken Thighs
This easy chicken thighs are wonderful on a busy night. The smoked flavor is delicious and one your family will love!
Servings: 6 servings
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs I used bone-in with skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch cayenne
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green peppers or could use red peppers
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups instant white rice
Heat butter and olive oil in skillet on top of the stove. In a bowl combine salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, garlic powder and cayenne. Roll each chicken thigh in the spice mixture and brown in the butter and oil on both sides until skin is cooked and blackened.
Remove thighs from skillet and set aside. Add green onion and peppers to skillet and cook. Throw in baby spinach and pour in chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a low boil and turn to simmer.
Add the rice and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add thighs back to the skillet, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit five to 10 minutes before serving so rice will soak up liquid. Garnish with chopped green onions. Makes 6 to 8 servings.