This Strawberry Bread is so good using fresh strawberries. It is wonderful with coffee for breakfast, keeps well in the refrigerator for several days and can be heated in the microwave.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup butter or 1 stick or 8 tablespoons softened
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan or walnut pieces
Cream together with a mixer the butter, sugar and eggs. In another bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture along with sour cream, buttermilk and vanilla extract. Mix with mixer.
Fold in nut pieces and sliced strawberries with a spoon. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 60 to 65 minutes until center tests done. Makes 1 loaf.