Sausage and Cheese Grits Muffins
Serve this great muffins with eggs and coffee and you have a wonderful breakfast! Easy to make the grits adds a great texture.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1/2 pound pork sausage cooked
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Cook sausage in a skillet like hamburger, drain and set aside. Whisk together flour, grits, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in melted butter, eggs, buttermilk and honey with a spoon mixing well.
Fold in sausage and shredded cheese. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray, add batter and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins