Peach Coffee Cake
This easy coffee cake is one your family will love. Keeps well and perfect to enjoy for brunch or any gathering.
Servings: 1 cake
- 2 15 ounce cans sliced peaches in syrup, drained (keep 1/4 cup of peach juice)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons or 1 stick or 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup peach juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup nut pieces pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl cream butter, sugar and eggs with mixer. Add to dry ingredients along with sour cream, buttermilk, peach juice and vanilla extract. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking oil and spread cake in bottom of dish. Add swirl.
Whisk together and spread over cake mixture as in photo Then, take a knife and cut into mixture as in photo. Spread the peach slices on top and sprinkle with nuts. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes until center tests done. Add glaze.
Whisk together and drizzle over cooled cake.