Nutty Ginger Chicken
We love this chicken dish served over rice. It's also great served over pasta.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 to 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cut into strips (I used chicken fingers, can use any chicken parts you like)
- 4 to 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper can use more
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 6 tablespoon oil I used Canola
- 1 medium red pepper cut in strips
- 1 medium green pepper cut in strips
- 1 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained (could use fresh mushrooms)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/3 cup cashews or peanuts
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds Optional
- Rice or Pasta
Add pepper to all-purpose flour, dredge chicken in flour and brown in oil in a large skillet.
Add red and green peppers, garlic and mushrooms to chicken and cook until peppers are tender. In a bowl mix soy sauce, cornstarch, water, ginger, and bouillon cubes and whisk together. Pour over chicken in skillet and cook until mixture boils and thickens. Serve over rice and sprinkle with the cashews and sesame seeds.