Cherry Oatmeal Delight
This great dish can be served for breakfast with coffee or as dessert. Very versatile and delicious!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine or two sticks or 16 tablespoons melted
- 2 cups quick cooking oats uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts of your choice chopped (I used walnuts)
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
Mix together butter and brown sugar with a spoon. In a separate bowl whisk together oats, flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and add to brown sugar and butter stirring to mix well. Fold in nuts. Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside for topping.
Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish and press oat mixture into bottom of dish. Add cherry pie filling on top of oats. Drop spoonfuls of oat mixture from the cup you set aside on top of cherries. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Makes 8 to 10 servings