Quick Blueberry Cobbler
This is an easy and quick recipe that always turns out be delicious.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk could use regular milk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
Spread blueberries in the bottom of a 9 x 9 baking dish. In a bowl whisk together all-purpose flour and baking powder, add sugar to flour along with milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Stir all ingredients with a spoon and spread over blueberries in baking dish.
Combine the 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch and the salt and sprinkle over the flour mixture. Do not stir, just sprinkle on. Boil the 1/2 cup water and pour over all the ingredients. Do not stir.
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Brown top under broiler the last couple of minutes.