This salad is a classic and great for any gathering. We love it for potlucks! It makes a wonderful side dish.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 10 ounce bag match stick carrots or about 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple chunks, drained (Optional)
- 2 tablespoon white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream could use milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or nuts of your choice (Optional)
In a large bowl combine carrots, raisins and pineapple chunks. Sprinkle on sugar. Combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Mix with carrots and fold in nuts.
ou could add apples, craisins instead of raisins or whatever you like in this salad. You can use more or less mayo to suit your taste. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.