Iron Skillet Cake
This Iron Skillet Cake with peaches and blueberries is wonderful. You can use any fruit you like which is what makes this cake so versatile.
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 stick butter or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup softened
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries
- 1 large fresh peach peeled and sliced
Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla with mixer. Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
Add to creamed mixture along with buttermilk and mix until all ingredients are combined.
Spray a 10 inch iron skillet with cooking spray. Spread batter in skillet and put fruit on top. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 45 minutes until center tests done. Makes 8 to 10 servings.