This Cinnamon Bread has wonderful reviews! It's one of our favorite bread recipes and it's great for any occasion. Delicious with coffee.
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 stick or 8 tablespoons or 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup my homemade cinnamon chips or can use bought cinnamon chips
Combine softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and cream with a mixer in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ground cinnamon.
Combine with creamed mixture and add buttermilk and sour cream. Mix with mixer. Fold in cinnamon chips with a spoon. Spray a 9 x 5 bread pan with cooking spray and add mixture. (I sprinkle a little white sugar on top before baking)
Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 minutes until center tests done. Makes 1 loaf.