Crock Pot Fruit Compote
This easy recipe for Crock Pot Fruit Compote is perfect to enjoy over pound cake.
Servings: 5 cups
- 1 1 pound bag of frozen mixed fruit (Mine had pineapple, strawberries, peaches and mango)
- 1 14.5 ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter or 4 tablespoons melted
- 1 21 ounce can cherry pie filling
Put all the fruit in the bottom of the crock pot. Combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, melted butter and cherry pie filling. Pour over fruit. Cook on high for 2 to 3 hours stirring a couple times during cooking. Makes about 5 cups fruit.